- Is the Counselor Training Clinic at Becker College open to the public for counseling services?
The Counselor Training Clinic at Becker College provides counseling services for children, adolescents and adults.
- What types of services are available at the clinic?
Individual, couple and family counseling services are provided. Common reasons for coming to the clinic include life transitions, difficulties in school, work-related concerns, relationship problems, parenting challenges, grief, anxiety and stress management.
- What are the qualifications of the counselors?
The counselors are graduate students in the Becker College Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling program. All students are closely supervised by licensed mental health professionals.
- Are counselors available for emergency appointments?
The clinic is not an urgent care/emergency facility. Clients are referred to other facilities for emergency care. The Emergency Mental Health department at UMass Memorial Medical Center provides emergency mental health services 24 hours a day and can be reached by calling 866-549-2142.
- Can I use my health insurance to pay for the services received at the Counselor Training Clinic at Becker College?
Health insurance is not accepted at the clinic. All services are available on a self-pay basis. The current fee is $15 per session.
- How do we know if the clinic is going to be closed in severe weather?
The clinic will be closed whenever Becker College cancels classes for severe weather. During academic breaks severe weather closures will be at our discretion. Please call ahead before traveling to the clinic.